The Burrito Blog

« Burrito Blog Rejected By The NSF | Still Looking For Huevos Rancheros »

Not Sedentary, Paralysis - Burrito Blamed

Wacky stuff like this always seems to take place in Florida. Quoting from WKMG Orlando:

TAMPA, Fla. -- A man who can no longer feed himself said an uncooked chicken burrito put him in a wheelchair.

Roger Anderson said he ate the burrito at a Moe's Southwest Grill in Land O' Lakes in September and became sick with stomach cramps, diarrhea and joint pains.

Anderson's attorney said the burrito caused a bacterial infection, which led to a disease that affects the body's nerves.

Anderson and his wife filed a lawsuit against Tampa-based GCF Ventures LLC, which operates the restaurant.

The company said all of its employees are trained in safe food handling and preparation practices, and the restaurant is regularly checked by health inspectors.

I think it's sensationalist garbage that they blamed the burrito. If this whole gag is even true, obviously chicken was the culprit.

Thanks to Chris for the tip.

This entry is filed in {News}.

Thursday, March 01, 2007 by Jonah.